Orthopaedics East & Sports Medicine Center takes protecting your health, and the health of our employees, very seriously.
In order to limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVD-19) we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- All visitors are asked to wear a mask when entering the facility. Due to the shortage of personal protective equipment and our need to maintain adequate supply for our staff, we are unable to provide a mask to all patients and visitors at this time and ask that you bring one with you.
- We ask friends and family to stay at home or sit in the car during your visit. If you need to bring a family member or another person as your caregiver or to assist you at the time of the visit then they will also be screened and asked to bring a mask.
- Please cancel and reschedule your appointment by calling (252) 757-2663 if you have symptoms of COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or have recently been in contact with someone exposed by the virus.
- Take steps to protect yourself
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- Prepare a family plan to get your household ready https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/checklist-household-ready.html
- We appreciate you following the CDC guideline by wearing a mask or protective face covering to your appointment
How else are we protecting you?
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of clinic and common areas
- We have removed magazines and other items from our waiting areas
- Patients exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their appointments until symptom free for 24 hours
- If you need additional testing, therapy or surgery, our schedulers will contact you by phone to schedule to minimize the frequency of face-to-face interactions.
- Our employees will adhere to Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and not report to work if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness and fever
We are monitoring the situation carefully and following CDC and
Department of Health guidelines. We appreciate your help in protecting the
health and safety of our patients, community and staff.
For better COVID contract tracing, the State is encouraging residents to download an App on their phones. Watch the video below for more information.