Request an Appointment
For your convenience, patients now have the ability to request an appointment online. new patients or patients not registered through our patient portal can simply fill out the secure online form and a member of our staff will be in contact to confirm the appointment.
Patients who have already registered with our patient portal can request an appointment through the portal and a member of our staff will confirm the appointment.
If you’re unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see other patients. We work to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience when emergencies or hospital surgeries make us late.
In order for us to prepare appropriately for your visit, we ask that you take the following steps prior to your visit.
- Obtain pertinent medical records, x-rays, MRI or scans that have been performed in the past for this condition and bring with you for the appointment. If we do not have this information prior to your appointment, it may have to be rescheduled.
- Remember to bring a copy of your insurance card(s) and Photo ID.
- Please bring any Co-pays due at the time of appointment.
- Ensure that all pre-approval requirements are met to avoid denials or out-of-network benefits.
- Complete the Patient Registration Form and Medical History Form prior to your visit. Completion of this information in advance will save time at your visit.
If you are a new patient or have not updated your information within the past 6 months, please complete the Patient Registration Form and the Medical History Form
- Request for Medical Records
- Authorization to Release Information to Orthopaedics Easts and Sports Medicine Center
- Consent for Healthcare for a Minor
- Disability and FMLA Forms
Orthopaedics East and Sports Medicine Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. If you have an emergency or injury requiring immediate medical attention, please dial 911. If you need assistance outside of regular business hours, please call the main telephone number and our answering service will be happy to assist you.
810 WH Smith Blvd
Greenville, NC 27834
Toll Free 800.682.0102
Select “More Options” from the map below to enter your address for driving directions to and from our office.
Please request any prescriptions or refill requests between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, for same-day processing. You may contact the office at 252-757-2663 or request refills through our patient portal if you have already registered.
We take efforts to keep healthcare costs under control. Therefore, unless prior arrangements have been made, we request payment for all services at the time they are rendered. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover for your convenience. If we are a participating provider in your insurance plan, we will file your claim directly with your plan before receiving a statement. If any billing issues arise we will try to assist you, but payment is ultimately the patient’s responsibility if your insurance does not pay.
Our practice participates with most major insurance plans. Patients should check with their health plan to ensure network participation.
A medical release form is required to request a copy of your medical records. Existing portal users may complete the request form online and submit electronically through our patient portal.
If you are not a portal user, you may print and complete the form below. It may be returned to us via mail or fax.
Upon receipt of this medical release form, please allow 5-7 business days for us to process your request.
If you had surgery at Vidant Medical Center or Vidant SurgiCenter, operative notes or other records must be obtained from the appropriate facility. For your convenience, the contact numbers are listed below.
- Vidant SurgiCenter 252-847-7726
- Vidant Medical Center 252-847-4469