X-ray & MRI Imaging
Timely and accurate diagnosis is essential to quality outcomes and speedy recoveries. We use advanced X-ray and MRI imaging technologies to ensure you – our friends and neighbors – leave our practice with confidence and peace of mind of knowing your orthopedic care plan is right for you.
Orthopaedics East & Sports Medicine Center features a 1.5T mobile MRI system that is located on our premises and is available five days a week for the convenience of our patients. Highly trained radiologists read and interpret the images in conjunction with our doctors to chart the best treatment plan. You can arrange appointments with our staff.
MRI stands for magnetic resonance imaging. Having an on-site MRI facility prevents patients from having to travel to separate radiology centers and allows our physicians to more rapidly access MRI results. Obtaining results sooner enables earlier diagnosis and formulation of a treatment plan to get our patients on the road to recovery.
Digital X-ray is often one of the first steps to diagnosing and creating a treatment plan right for you. More dense matter such as bones and calcifications will appear white or light, because they absorb the radiation. Less dense soft tissues and breaks in a bone let radiation pass through, making these parts look darker on the X-ray film.
As an organization, one of our values is Innovation. We recently completed the installation of 2 new, state-of-the-art, digital X-ray rooms from Konica Minolta.
- Our new rooms are designed to increase patient comfort and reduce the time to acquire high-definition radiological images.
- Our high-definition digital X-ray detectors deliver superb image quality at a lower dose than traditional x-rays.
- Our elevating tables can be lowered to simplify access and move up automatically to optimize positioning to increase your comfort and provide high definition radiographic images safely.
- Our advanced X-ray system combines automation and image processing software to image legs, spine and even the whole body in a short exam.
- Our advanced wall-stand can acquire high-quality x-rays while you are standing or sitting to help acquire high-definition digital X-rays quickly and with minimal discomfort.
Your Orthopaedic East Care Team utilizes the latest advancements in digital X-ray technology and, when appropriate, MRI imaging to support with your accurate diagnosis and patient-centered orthopedic care.
MRI vs. X-ray
X-ray is generally sufficient for evaluating bones and identifying fractures. MRI is a more effective way of imaging the soft tissues, including muscles, ligaments, and tendons. As many orthopedic issues impact both the relevant bones and connecting joints, X-ray and MRI is often used in combination for accurate diagnosis and care.
Scheduling an X-ray or MRI
Your Orthopaedics East Surgeon and Care Team will advise you on your X-ray and MRI imaging needs. Please call our office at (252) 757-2663 or request an appointment below to schedule your consultation today.
Schedule an appointment today with one of Eastern North Carolina's leading orthopedic and sports medicine physicians!