Our practice participates in most major insurance plans. Patients should check with their health plan to ensure network participation. We will file claims directly with your plan before you receive a billing statement.
As a part of North Carolina’s conversion from Medicaid to NC Medicaid Managed Care, effective July 1, 2021, Orthopaedics East will be participating in the following Medicaid plans.
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Healthy Blue
We request payment at the time of service for copays, coinsurance, and other out of pocket expenses, as required by your health plan. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and Care Credit.
If you have received a statement, you may pay your bill online through our secure payment portal.
If you have questions about your bill or need to update your insurance coverage, please contact our business office at (252) 757-2663.
Connect to Our Payment Portal
No Surprise Act
Effective January 1, 2022, the No Surprise Act (NSA) went in to effect. The No Surprise Act protects uninsured (or self-pay) individuals from many unexpedectly high medical bills. Click here to read our Notice of No Surprises Act’s Protection for Unisured (or Self-Pay) Individuals.
The following forms may be completed online prior to your first visit to the office. If you prefer, you may print, complete, and bring with you to your visit.
- Medical Records Release Request (PDF)
This form is required to request a copy of your medical records. The form may be returned to us via mail, fax (252) 758-7484, or messaged and attached through our patient portal. Please allow us five to seven business days to process your request. If you had surgery at Vidant Medical Center or Vidant SurgiCenter, operative notes or other records must be obtained from the appropriate facility. For your convenience, the contact numbers are listed below.
- Vidant SurgiCenter (252) 847-7726
- Vidant Medical Center (252) 847-4469
- Release Authorization (PDF)
This form should be completed and sent to another provider to release their records to us.
- Consent for Minor (PDF)
The following is our process for completing disability and FMLA forms:
Your form(s) and a signed Request for Medical Records Form may be delivered to the office or faxed to (252) 758-7484. Our fee to complete each form is $20.00. This is payable by check, cash or credit card. This fee must be paid prior to the completion of the form either at the time of delivery, or, if faxed, by a telephone credit card transaction. The patient information portion of the form must be completed prior to processing.
Prepare for Your Visit
- Obtain pertinent medical records, X-rays, MRI or scans that have been performed in the past for the condition you are being seen for and bring them with you to the appointment. If we do not have this information prior to your appointment, your visit may have to be rescheduled.
- Remember to bring a copy of your insurance card(s) and photo ID.
- Please bring payment for any copays or coinsurance due.
- Ensure that any prior approvals required by your health plan are obtained to avoid denials or out-of-network fees.
- Complete the online Patient Registration Form and Medical History Form prior to your visit. Completion of this information in advance will save time at your visit.
Prescriptions & Refills
Please request any prescriptions or refills between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, for same-day processing. You may contact the office at (252) 757-2663 or request refills through our Patient Portal if you have already registered.
Schedule an appointment today with one of Eastern North Carolina’s leading orthopedic and sports medicine physicians!