Injured at Work?
The physicians and staff at Orthopaedics East & Sports Medicine Center are Eastern North Carolina’s experts in orthopedic care for work-related injuries covered under worker’s compensation (WC). We understand the unique challenges presented by the workplace and the value to both the employee and employer of early intervention, accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment.
The First 24 Hours – Time Is Valuable
Early diagnosis and treatment of workplace injuries is key to helping injured employees quickly return to maximum employment potential. Our physicians and physician’s assistants (PAs) are available to see WC injured employees within the first 24 hours of their injury and in some cases within only a few hours. Early return to work is therapeutic and facilitates recovery.
Orthopaedics East and our specialized care teams are equipped to provide a full evaluation and treatment plan, including X-ray, MRI imaging, and physical therapy. We also can provide a second opinion within 30 days of a request.
We believe in partnering with the employee, employer, case manager, and the insurance carrier to ensure that post-injury care and rehabilitation goes smoothly. Our physicians have extensive experience in work-related injury diagnosis and treatment. Our services include:
- Assisting with triage of orthopedic injuries
- Educating the employee and employer about the injury diagnosis and care plan
- Providing a contact with our office for the employee, employer and carrier
- Facilitating authorization for treatment and surgical procedures as part of the care plan
- Facilitating communication between employee, employer and carrier
- Troubleshooting return-to-work issues
- Monitoring employee medications as prescribed in their care plan
- We also provide weekend coverage with our Weekend Extended Care Clinic
We provide medical notes to the employer and carrier/adjuster within 48 hours of our evaluation and each office visit, including return-to-work issues, to ensure continuity of care and case management. Our team also provides partial permanent disability (PPD) case ratings, when appropriate or necessary, upon completion of the employee’s care.
For more information about our worker’s compensation program, contact us today.
Schedule an appointment today with one of Eastern North Carolina's leading orthopedic and sports medicine physicians!